Skip To Main Content

About Us

Liberty High School opened in 1994. After a public hearing and several debates among its own members, a committee appointed by the School Board to name the school chose "Liberty." Liberty had been the name of a community that was located one mile from the site of the school, halfway between Opal and Bealeton in the 1800's. Only the church, Liberty Methodist, remains. The rationale behind choosing the name Liberty was that it is representative of the area without singling out one area of the Liberty attendance zone or naming the school after an individual.